WORLD CHEESE DIP CHAMPIONSHIP RULES AND CATEGORIES
1. The interpretation of the World Cheese Dip Championship ("WCDC") contest rules and regulations are those of the WCDC Officials at the contest, and their decisions are final.
2. Cheese dip is defined by the WCDC as a dip made of primarily cheese(s) or processed cheese product, with or without additional ingredients, not limited to meats, vegetables, or dairy additives, served warm or hot and eaten primarily by dipping a hard tortilla or chip into said product. Cheese dip entered into competition must be prepared on-site including cooking of meat and vegetable preparation.
Cheese Dip Award Categories for the World Cheese Dip Championship
BIG DIPPER – Professional (WCDC Judges)
BIG DIPPER – Amateur presented by Little Rock Tours (WCDC Judges)
LITTLE DIPPER – Professional (WCDC Judges)
LITTLE DIPPER – Amateur (WCDC Judges)
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS presented by Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and Sync (Public)
BEST INCORPORATION OF A MEAT PRODUCT presented by Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau (WCDC Staff/Board)
BEST BOOTH THEME AND OVERALL DESIGN (WCDC Staff/Board)
MOST INNOVATIVE CHEESE DIP (WCDC Staff/Board)
3. A contestant shall be defined as any individual, group, restaurant, organization, etc. hereinafter referred to as a TEAM that will prepare and cook an entry or entries for the purpose of being judged according to the official WCDC rules. Each team will be comprised of either a head chef and as many assistants as they require (maximum 3 assistants at any given time) or a head cook and as many assistants as they require (maximum 3 assistants at any given time). Team members can participate with ONLY ONE team during the WCDC. Once the contest begins, team members may NOT switch cheese dip teams. Failure to comply will result in disqualification of both teams involved. No team member may enter the judging area at any time during the competition.
4. Each team will be assigned a team area which will consist of a 10'x10' tented space, two 8' tables, two chairs, team sign and electricity, if needed. Spaces will be clearly marked. The WCDC hereby grants the Contestant Team the right to use the tented space, as assigned, in the area on the day of the event. All equipment and supplies necessary for the preparation, cooking, and heating of their cheese dip must be contained within the team area. All preparation and cooking of entries for judging must be done on-site. Each team will supply all of the necessary equipment for the preparation, cooking, and heating of their entry including slow cooker, hot plate, and/or electric skillet. Chafing fuels are permitted for heating of prepared cheese dip.
5. Teams are asked to be prepared to produce at least ten (10) gallons of cheese dip. Cheese dips will be served by Contestants from 1:00pm until 5:00pm. Those who are able to continue offering cheese dip will get more votes for the "People's Choice Award".
6. Teams may serve no more than one cheese dip.
7. Teams may not, under any circumstances, cook with a fryer or equipment that uses or produces more than ¼ cup oil or grease at any given time. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate removal from the WCDC. Any grease or oil produced by a team must be removed from the WCDC at close of the contest by each team.
8. Team must provide a Fire Extinguisher for the booth area that is easily accessible and at least a "2A"U.L.
9. Team acknowledges that Southern Cheese Dip Academy and World Cheese Dip Championship do not maintain insurance covering Team property, and it is the sole responsibility of the team to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance covering any potential loss of property or food-related issue.
10. Judging for the WCDC will be done by two specific groups: WCDC judging panel including trained chef(s), local celebrities, food critics/writers, culinary instructors, and/or other judges as determined by WCDC staff and will also be judged by the paying guests of the WCDC. All WCDC judging panel decisions will be based on blind, on-site sampling of each team's entry at the WCDC. All paying guests reserve the right to enter one (1) vote per person and may vote for only one Professional and one Amateur team entry.
11. All teams will be entered in any and all categories that apply to their particular team and cheese dip. There is no additional fee for multiple category entries. The entry fee for a Professional Team is $125.00, $50.00 for each additional booth space. The entry fee for an Amateur Team is $75.00, $50.00 for each additional booth space. A check, money order, or payment through the WCDC PayPal account for the total amount of entry fees due must accompany a completed team application in order to be considered for acceptance.
12. Application does not guarantee acceptance. The WCDC reserves the right to reject any application. A letter of acceptance will be emailed to each accepted team along with any additional contest materials, including a complete set of Official Contest Rules and Operations Guidelines. Fees for any team applications not accepted will be refunded by mail.
13. The Head Chef or Head Cook, as listed on the application, will be held responsible for the conduct of his/her team and guests within each booth area. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages, profane or abusive language or behavior, obscene or loud music will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Under no circumstances will teams be allowed to sell any food or beverages, products or merchandise from their booth area.
14. The World Cheese Dip Championship reserves the right to make any additions, changes or alterations to these rules and regulations as the situation warrants including booth location. Decisions of the WCDC officials and staff are final. Violation of any Rules and Regulations of the contest may result in disqualification, expulsion from the grounds, police or legal action, and/or disqualification from future participation in the World Cheese Dip Championship and/or its related or sanctioned events. No refund of any fees will be issued to teams disqualified or expelled from the contest.